- North American Saxophone Alliance - Organization for saxophonists.
- The International Saxophone Home Page
- Sax on the Web - All kinds of info on playing, setups, including a great forum.
- Dorn Publications - good on-line resource to purchase sax reeds, music and recordings. They used to publish the Saxophone Journal, a great periodical for saxophonists.
- Classic Saxophone On-Line - a great source for music, recordings (including More than Sax!), reeds and mouthpieces for the saxophone
- Eble Music - good source for saxophone and other sheet music
- Adolphe Sax - historical information about the creator of the saxophone
- Contrabass.com - Info on this "rarest" of saxophones
- Marco Albonetti
- Arno Bornkamp - great Dutch saxophonist
- Jay Easton's Home Page - nice site with pictures of his new contrabass saxophone!
- Simon Harem - a wonderful British saxophonist
- Aaron Lington - bari player in the PSQ and a great jazz musician
- Joe Lulloff - a wonderful player!
- Tim Mc Allister - He's taken the classical saxophone world by storm!
- Victor Morosco - one of the great player/teachers! These pages include info on his recordings and some info on his master teaching techniques. All I can say is "they work!"
- Sigurd Rascher - one of the most influential classical saxophonists
- Bill Trimble - link to my former teacher's latest CD with composer/performer Dan Wyman (Bill passed away February 2010.)
- Kenneth Tse - a wonderful saxophonist. Check out his "Sonate" recording!
SAXOPHONE & ACCESSORY COMPANIES
- Steve Gray's Musical Instruments Home Page- nice guy, with instruments for sale
- Steve Goodson - woodwind repairman from New Orleans
- Sax Quest - they specialize in vintage and professional model saxophones, along with mouthpieces and more!
- Yamaha Saxophones - my horn of choice!
- Yamaha “The Hub” - Yamaha podcasts includes interviews with Yamaha artists.
- Gonzalez Reeds - one of my favorite reeds! I use their size 3-1/2 or 3-3/4 regular reeds on both soprano, alto and tenor.
- D’Addario Reeds - makers of Rico Royal, La Voz and Hemke reeds
- Legere Reeds - amazing synthetic reeds—I now play there "Signature" series with great results
SAXOPHONE QUARTETS & ENSEMBLES
- The Premiere Saxophone Quartet - my current quartet of choice!
- Victor Morosco Saxophone Quartet - Check out this great group that I played in!
- The Capitol Quartet - Check it out!
- Hollywood Saxophone Quartet - Great site about this iconic saxophone quartet from the 1950’s and 60's
- The New Century Saxophone Quartet
- The Prism Saxophone Quartet
- Nuclear Whales Saxophone Orchestra - "Hear the Whales, Save the Saxophone!" I used to play with this sextet.
- Carl Anton Wirth- here you can find out about the music of one of my favorite composers, Carl Anton Wirth.
- Charles Buel - a wonderful composer who wrote over 9 works for saxophone, including his solo Reflections on Raga Todi (1972), which was inspired by Ravi Shankar's autobiography which I recorded on More than Sax.
- Michael Djupstrom - Composer whose "Walamia" I performed in 2007 at Composer’s Inc
- Gerald Fitkin -British composer, composer of “Hard Fairy,” the piece I perform with the San Francisco Ballet
- Laura Karpman - L.A. based composer who wrote a new work for the PSQ and chamber orchestra premiered with the San Jose Chamber Orchestra in October 2007.
- John Mackey -an American composer who likes the saxophone
- JS Bach: Analysis of Canons & Fugues
- Digital Beethoven
- San Francisco Contempory Music Players - A great new music in SF that I used to perform with.
- Santa Cruz New Music Works - another group I've performed with.
- Saxtet Publications - publishing company specializing in quality new sheet music for the saxophone.
- Jamie Aebersold Jazz Site - Home page of one of the great improv teachers! Includes all his "Play-Along" recordings and books.
- John Coltrane
- Chick Corea - one of my favorite jazz pianists
- The Edward Kennedy Ellington Pages
- The Official Phil Woods Web Site
Jazz History, Recordings and Study
- Learn Jazz Standards
- Michael Furstner's JAZCLASS
- Jazz Improvisation- syllabus for Jazz Improvisation courses at the University of Wisconsin Madison
- The Jazz Corner - an interesting site with several up and coming artists
- NAfME - National Association for Music Education
- CMEA - California Music Educators Association
- Bay Section/CMEA - Home page of the Bay Section of the California Music Educators Association.
- MTAC - Music Teachers of America, California. I was a member of this organization for private music teachers for over 25 years. Their Certificate of Merit program is a comprehensive forum for developing your student's musical skills through music theory, music history, sight-reading and performance.
- Financial Resources for Future Musicians - Good resource for those interested in music major scholarships for college.
- San Jose State University - A great place for a music education (my alma mater)
- MusicTheory.net - great free site for developing ear training
- J.W. Pepper Network - Sheet Music,and software ordering online for music educators
- Sheet Music Online - The name says it all!
- Virginia Tech Multimedia Music Dictionary - great resource that "speaks" the musical terms!
- Auralia- Great ear training program
- iReal b - a new accompaniment software similar to Band-In-A-Box you can use on your phone, tablet or computer
- Sibelius - Notation software for the Mac or PC.
- Amazing Slow Downer - Software for transcribing music. Great to learn your favorite player's solos! Slows down the speed of the music - between -50% and 400% time-stretching without changing the pitch, changes the key, adjust tuning, work from CD, MP3, AIFF, AAC/MP4 and wave files on your computer in real-time. Now on your iPhone or iPad!
MISCELLANEOUS MUSIC TOPICS
- San Francisco Symphony Home Page - a local band I occasionally play with.
- San Francisco Ballet - I’ve played and toured with them
- Music Manuscript Paper - great resource if you need some music paper
"FUN" WEB TOPICS
Yosemite web cams - live views of one of my favorite places on earth!